National Honor Society (NHS)
The National Honor Society is a prestigious organization designed to recognize and reinforce academic achievement, as well as promote the development of important personal attributes; namely scholarship, leadership, service, and character.
Membership is both an honor and a commitment. Through various chapter-related and individualized service activities, students solidify a reputation for excellence and further develop various skills that will help them to establish a strong foundation for their future. Students approved for membership are also expected to demonstrate the qualities that were the basis of their selection. By doing so, they become eligible for unique membership benefits.
If you are interested in joining Wisconsin Virtual Learning’s exclusive chapter of The National Honor Society, please contact Mr. Olson. New applications will be processed each Fall, and reviewed by our faculty council. In order to be considered, students must meet all of the following criteria:
- sophomore, junior, or senior status
- cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher
- complete and submit an application
- be approved by the NHS faculty council
You will also:
- Maintain 3.5 or higher grade point average.
- Abide by school regulations and civil laws.
- Attend and actively participate in all NHS meetings and activities.
- Participate in/attend the following required NHS activities.
- Yearly chapter-wide school service project.
- One individual service project/activity.
- Five hours of tutoring per semester.
- Attend the in-person induction ceremony(before graduation)
- Attend and assist with the WVL High School graduation ceremony