Current Enrollment Year
Interested in enrolling in Wisconsin Virtual Learning outside of the regular application period? The alternative application and additional information is available on the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction’s Open Enrollment website.
There are seven circumstances under which a parent may submit an alternative application:
- The pupil’s resident school district determines that the pupil is a victim of a violent crime.
- The pupil is or has been homeless in the current or preceding school year.
- The pupil has been the victim of repeated bullying or harassment that has been reported to the resident school district and continues in spite of action taken.
- The pupil’s place of residence has changed due to the parent’s military orders.
- The pupil moved into this state within the past 30 days.
- The pupil’s place of residence has changed as a result of a court order or custody agreement, or the pupil was placed in a foster home or with a person other than the pupil’s parent, or removed from a foster home or the home of a person other than the pupil’s parent.
- The pupil’s parent and the nonresident and resident school districts agree that attending the nonresident school district is in the best interests of the pupil.
The parent must specify at least one of the allowable criteria and provide an explanation of the circumstances leading to the request. The alternative enrollment application does not have an electronic signature. The application must be signed in order for it to be considered complete. In some cases, the parent may be required to submit additional documents.
WVL requests that you provide the following supporting documents when submitting your student’s application:
- A copy of your child’s current immunization record.
- An explanation of the circumstance leading to the request and a brief statement of why you believe virtual learning would be a good fit for the student.
- High School level students should submit a current copy of their high school transcript.
Please note that when applying, you will choose Northern Ozaukee School District as your district of choice. Wisconsin Virtual Learning you will list as your school of choice.
Can an application be denied? Yes.
The nonresident school district may deny an alternative application for all of the same reasons that they may deny an application during the regular application period: regular or special education space is not available; the pupil has been referred for a special education evaluation, but has not yet been evaluated; the pupil has been expelled during the current or two preceding school years for certain violent conduct; or the pupil was habitually truant from the nonresident district during any semester in the current or previous school year.
The nonresident school district (WVL) must notify the parent, in writing, within 20 calendar days after receiving the application, whether it has been approved or denied. If the nonresident district has approved the application, the pupil may immediately begin attending in that district.The pupil must enroll in or attend the nonresident district within 15 days after receiving the notice of approval; however, the nonresident district may extend this time period.
Your completed application and supporting documents should be submitted to Wisconsin Virtual Learning by fax, mail, or email to Wisconsin Virtual Learning. For a quick application submission, please email your completed application to email@example.com.
Attn: Ann Baumann- Registrar/Open Enrollment Coordinator
Northern Ozaukee School District/Wisconsin Virtual Learning
401 Highland Drive
Fredonia, WI 53021
Phone: 262-692-2489 x 294 Fax: 262-692-3952